Mario UrsoAssegnista di ricerca dal 03/12/2019 al 02/12/2020 - Responsabile scientifico: Salvatore MIRABELLA
Mario Urso was born in Catania (Italy) on October 21st 1992. He attained the Master Degree in Physics cum Laude in October 2016 and the Ph.D. in Materials Science and Nanotechnologies cum Laude in January 2020 from the University of Catania. In the framework of his Ph.D. program, he developed novel Ni-based nanostructures grown by low-cost techniques and applied them in several application fields from sensing to energy storage. He spent three months at the Tel Aviv University (Tel Aviv, Israel) under the supervision of prof. Yosi Shacham-Diamand working on innovative strategies for electrochemical DNA sensing. He is currently Post-Doc at the Department of Physics and Astronomy of the University of Catania. His experimental research activity concerns the low-cost synthesis of novel nanostructures and their physical-chemical characterization for sensing and energy storage applications. His experimental skills range from chemical synthesis (aqueous solution, thermal or electrochemical processing) to structural and electrical analysis (SEM, EDX, XRD, Raman, spectrophotometry, current-voltage, impedance spectroscopy and electrochemical techniques). He won the Graduate Student Award of the European Materials Research Society for his contributions to Symposium T at the EMRS Spring Meeting 2017 in Strasbourg (France) and to Symposium M at the EMRS Fall Meeting 2019 in Warsaw (Poland), and is author of publications and oral contributions, as listed below.
Attività di ricerca
Titolo della Ricerca: "Sintesi di nanostrutture a base di semiconduttori e/o metalli per integrazione in sensori miniaturizzati" - Progetto di ricerca: "Sviluppo di tecnologie e sistemi avanzati per la sicurezza dell'auto mediante piattaforme ADAS-ADAS+(ARSOl_00459)".
1. Urso M. et al. "Room temperature detection and modelling of sub-ppm NO2 by low-cost nanoporous NiO film" Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical 305 (2020): 127481.
2. Urso M. et al. “Acetone sensing and modelling by low-cost NiO nanowalls" Materials Letters 262 (2020): 127043.
3. Urso M. et al., "Ni (OH)2@Ni core-shell nanochains as low-cost high-rate performance electrode for energy storage applications", Scientific Reports 9 (2019): 7736 (top 100 downloaded materials science papers for Scientific Reports in 2019).
4. Monforte F., Urso M. et al. “New Synthetic Route for the Growth of α-FeOOH/NH2-Mil-101 Films on Copper Foil for High Surface Area Electrodes" ACS Omega 420 (2019): 18495-18501.
5. Ussia M., Urso M. et al. “Hybrid Nickel-free graphene/porphyrin rings for photodegradation of emerging pollutants in water” RSC Advances 9 (2019): 30182-30194.
6. Urso M. et al., “Enhanced sensitivity in non-enzymatic glucose detection by improved growth kinetics of Ni-based nanostructures”, Nanotechnology 29 (2018): 165601. (5 citations according to Scopus)
1. “Novel Ni-based nanostructures for hybrid supercapacitors", 9th National Days on Energy Harvesting and Storage, Blois (France), May 23-24th 2019
10+ oral presentations at conferences