Antonio Alessio LeonardiAssegnista di ricerca dal 01/12/2019 al 01/12/2021 - Responsabile scientifico: Salvatore MIRABELLA
Telefono: +39 095 378 5239
Antonio Alessio Leonardi was born in Bari (Italy) on October 4th 1992. He received his Bachelor Degree in Physics and his Master Degree (both cum laude) from the University of Catania in 2014 and 2016, respectively. During the Master degree thesis, he spent several months for a training and research period at the STmicroelectronics of Catania in the R&D group of S. Conoci. After obtaining the Master Degree, he attained the PhD in Physics cum laude in 2020 working in the F. Priolo and A. Irrera labs between the University of Catania, CNR-IMM of Catania, and the CNR-ICPF of Messina. During his PhD he visited several labs such as prof. G Volpe lab at the UCL and the G. Cerullo Lab at the PoliMi. He spent 6 months at the prof. L. Dal Negro labs at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) and at the Photonic Center of the Boston University (MA, USA). He was awarded in the 2018 with the Graduate Student Award of the European Material Research Society (EMRS) at the Strasbourg 2018 conference and in the 2019 with the P. Brovetto award of the Italian Physical Society (SIF). Participate at the 204° course on nanophotonics of the International School of Physics “E. Fermi” of SIF 2018 in Varenna and at the CHESS international school of 2019 in Florence. His research focuses on the realization and application of nanostructures such as luminescent silicon nanowires for photonics and sensing applications. His experimental skills range from the morphological and structural characterization (Bright Field, Dark Field, SEM, EDX, XRD, RBS…) to optical characterization (Photoluminescence, PL lifetime, Raman scattering, Fourier imaging…). In general, his working interest span in semiconductors, nanotechnology, sensors, fractals, and coherent light studies.
Attività di ricerca
Titolo della Ricerca: "Sintesi di nanostrutture a base di semiconduttori e/o metalli per integrazione in sensori miniaturizzati" - Progetto di ricerca: "Sviluppo di tecnologie e sistemi avanzati per la sicurezza dell'auto mediante piattaforme ADAS-ADAS+(ARSOl_00459)".
- A. Irrera, M. J. Lo Faro, C. D’Andrea, A. A. Leonardi, P. Artoni, B. Fazio, R. A. Picca, N. Cioffi, S. Trusso, G. Franzo, P. Musumeci, F. Priolo, F. Iacona, Light-emitting silicon nanowires obtained by metal-assisted chemical etching, Semiconductor Science and Technology, 2017, 32, 1-20
- A. Irrera, A. A. Leonardi, C. Di Franco, M. J. Lo Faro, G. Palazzo, C. D’Andrea, K. Manoli, G. Franzò, P. Musumeci, B. Fazio, L. Torsi, F. Priolo, New Generation of Ultrasensitive Label-Free Optical Si Nanowire-Based Biosensors, ACS Photonics, 2018, 5 (2), 471–479
- M. Casiello, R. A. Picca, C. Fusco, L. D’Accolti, A. A. Leonardi, M. J. Lo Faro, A. Irrera, S. Trusso, P. Cotugno, M. Sportelli, N. Cioffi, A. Nacci,Catalytic activity of silicon nanowires decorated with gold and copper nanoparticles deposited by pulsed laser ablation, Nanomaterials, 2018, 8 (2), 78
- A. A. Leonardi, M. J. Lo Faro, S. Petralia, B. Fazio, P. Musumeci, S. Conoci, A. Irrera, F. Priolo, Ultrasensitive Label-and PCR-Free Genome Detection Based on Cooperative Hybridization of Silicon Nanowires Optical Biosensors, ACS Sensors 2018, 3, 9, 1690-1697
- M. J. Lo Faro, A. A. Leonardi, C. D’Andrea, D. Morganti, P. Musumeci, C. Vasi, F. Priolo, B. Fazio, A. Irrera, Low Cost Fabrication of Si NWs/CuI Heterostructures, Nanomaterials 2018, 8(8), 569
- M. G. Donato, O. Brzobohaty, S. H. Simpson, A. Irrera, A. A. Leonardi, M. J. Lo Faro, V. Svak, O. M. Marago, P. Zemánek., Optical Trapping, Optical Binding, and Rotational Dynamics of Silicon Nanowires in Counter-Propagating Beams, Nano Letters, 2019, 19 (1), 342–352
- W. Giurlani, V. Dell’Aquila, M. Vizza, N. Calisi, A. Lavacchi, A. Irrera, M. J. Lo Faro, A. A. Leonardi, D. Morganti, M. Innocenti, Electrodeposition of Nanoparticles and Continuous Film of CdSe on n-Si (100), Nanomaterials 2019, 9(10), 1504
- M. J. Lo Faro, C. D’Andrea, A. A. Leonardi. D. Morganti, A. Irrera, B. Fazio, Fractal silver dendrites as 3D SERS biosensing platform, Nanomaterials 2019, 9(11)
- A. A. Leonardi, M. J. Lo Faro, C. Di Franco, G. Palazzo, C. D’Andrea, D. Morganti, K. Manoli, P. Musumeci, B. Fazio, M. Lanza, L. Torsi, F. Priolo, A. Irrera. Silicon nanowire luminescent sensor for cardiovascular risk in saliva, Journal of Material Science: Materials and Electronics 2020, 31, 10-17
- M. J. Lo Faro, A. A. Leonardi, C. D’Andrea, D. Morganti, P. Musumeci, C. Vasi, F. Priolo, B. Fazio, A. Irrera Low cost synthesis of silicon nanowires for photonic applications, Journal of Material Science: Materials and Electronics 2020, 31, 34–40
- A. A. Leonardi, M. J. Lo Faro, A. Irrera CMOS-Compatible and Low-Cost Thin Film MACE Approach for Light-Emitting Si NWs Fabrication, Nanomaterials 2020, 10, (5), 966
- M. J. Lo Faro, A. A. Leonardi, F. Priolo, B. Fazio, M. Miritello, A. Irrera, Erbium emission in Er:Y2O3 decorated fractal arrays of silicon nanowires. Scientific Reports 2020, 10, 12854.
- A. A. Leonardi, F. Nastasi, D. Morganti, M. J. Lo Faro, R. A. Picca, N. Cioffi, G. Franzò, S. Serroni, F. Priolo, F. Puntoriero, S. Campagna, A. Irrera. New Hybrid Light Harvesting Antenna Based on Silicon Nanowires and Metal Dendrimers. Advanced Optical Materials 2020, 2001070
- Silicon Nanowires Array: From Photonics to Sensing - E-MRS Spring Meeting 2018, Strasburg
- Silicon Nanowires: The route from synthesis towards applications - SIF 106° congress 2020, Milan
- More than 4 oral presentations and 6 posters at international conferences.
- Graduate Student Award 2018 – E-MRS Spring Meeting, Strasburg
- Brovetto Award 2019 Italian Physical Society (SIF), L’Aquila