How to enroll
The general information on how to enroll in a Master Degree Course of the University of Catania are provided at this link (in Italian).
Below are reported the information concerning the application for enrollment at the MSc in Physics, A.Y. 2022/2023.
Enrollment EU students (A.Y. 2022/2023)
On 8/07/2022, with the Rector's Decree n. 2340, a notice was issued for entrance to the first year of the Master's Degree Courses with unrestricted numbers, A.Y. 2022/2023.
Candidates are admitted to the first year Master's degree course which has an unrestricted number, if they satisfy the following entry requirements:
- In possession of a university degree, university diploma or a qualification obtained abroad and considered valid by the competent Degree Course Committee
- In possession of the curricular requirements described, for each course of study, in the relative annexes which are part of the above Notice.
For the CdLM17 in Physics (see Annex no. 7) the curricular requirements are:
- minimum 27 ECTS in Scientific area of MATH/...
- minimum 60 ECTS in Scientific area of PHYS/...
- to be able to use the English language fluently (at a level of at least B2), in written and oral form, with reference also to the disciplinary lexicons.
The admission test aims to check the student's satisfactory preparation, in order to be admitted to a course of study which has an unrestricted number. Students who have the special needs specified above and in the attachments to the University notice are exempt from the test.
Method and terms for admission
All candidates must fill in an online admission application starting from July 15, 2022, and not later than August 30, 2022.
For the purposes of admission to a degree program with unrestricted numbers, no fee is payable, unless an interview is necessary. In this case, the sum of € 30.00 (€ thirty / 00) will be automatically charged on the second registration installment.
The registration procedures are described on pages 4 and 5 of the notice (D.R. 2340 of July 8, 2022).
The list of eligible candidates will be published by 9 September 2022, specifying the names of the candidates who will have to sit the admission test (interview).
The prospective admission test for the Master's Course LM17 in Physics will take place (normally, in person) on 19/09/2022 at 2:30 PM in Aula B, 1st floor, at the Department of Physics and Astronomy "Ettore Majorana", Via Santa Sofia, 64, Catania.
For more information, please send an email to email@example.com