Mobility instructions and forms
Erasmus and Erasmus+ programme; Cooperation projects: international students
Before arrival in Catania, both incoming international students and visiting professors are kindly advised to check for application and arrival procedures, as well as for mobility instructions, at the website: http://www.unict.it/it/internazionale/erasmus-study-students. There, most relevant forms can be retrieved.
- Before the mobility: Please, refer to the pages of the BSc programme in Physics, MSc programme in Physics, Ph.D. programme in Physics, Ph.D. programme in Materials Sciences and Nanotechnology, Ph.D. programme in Complex systems, Specialization School in Medical physics for the undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered at #DFA. After identifying the courses of your choice, and discussing them with the local reference persons at your Department/University for possible compatibility with your own study plan, please have the Learning Agreement filled out and send it to Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci. One of our Department's Erasmus Coordinators will sign it and e-mail it back to you.
- During the mobility: Attendance at classes is mandatory and should be recorded by having the appropriate attendance register filled and signed out by the teacher at each class hour. You will need a separate printout of the attendance register for each class. Should you need any change to your Learning Agreement during your stay, please ask your Teaching Tutor for advice (both locally and at your home institution), and have the appropriate form filled out and made available to Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci. In case you wish to extend your visit duration, please ask your home institution for authorization, and have the appropriate form filled out and made available to Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci.
- Immediately before the end of the mobility: After completing your exams, but before ending your mobility, in order to start the credit transfer procedure, please have the appropriate form filled out and made available to Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci. She will return you with a Transcript of records, which you should personally deliver to Dott.ssa Nicoleta Pascu (email@example.com, International Mobility Office: Via Sangiuliano 197, 2nd floor).
Please, refer to the following website https://www.unict.it/it/internazionale/erasmus-students-traineeships for all relevant information, or please contact Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci or Dott.ssa Nicoleta Pascu (firstname.lastname@example.org, International Mobility Office: Via Sangiuliano 197, 2nd floor).
Erasmus professors and international visiting professors
Please, visit the following websites for more information:
Erasmus and Erasmus+ programme
Students enrolled at UniCT who would like to participate to an Erasmus programme are kindly advised to visit the website http://www.unict.it/it/internazionale/erasmus-plus-azione-chiave-1-studio . All relevant forms and documentation should be available through the Portale LLP Manager. Any required form should be filled out and made available to Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci.
- Before the mobility: Any prospective Erasmus student should be aware that the guest institution (University or Department thereof) usually follows its own enrolling procedures and adheres to its own deadlines and regulations. It should therefore recommendable to visit the guest institution's website for international mobility and get acquainted with such procedures. In particular, it will be care of the prospective Erasmus student to retrieve, fill, and send (either by e-mail or by post, as requested) all necessary forms and documentation. (Usually, these include an application form, an accommodation form, and a Learning Agreement). Please, already at this early stage of the application, do contact Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci who will guide your steps through the parallel procedures at UniCT. In particular, she will forward any documentation from the foreign partners to the local Erasmus Coordinator for approval. The Learning Agreement, along with the syllabuses of the courses, should be delivered to Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci within the prescribed deadlines. The Department's Erasmus Coordinator, Professor E. Paladino, may be contacted at any stage for any doubt or advice. Relevant forms: [ Application forms for outgoing students | Learning agreement for outgoing students, programme countries | Learning agreement for outgoing students, partner countries ]
- During the mobility: Any required change to the Learning Agreement should be sent, not more than once per semester, to Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci, who will forward it for approval to the Department's Erasmus Coordinator and any other required part. Relevant forms: [ Change to Learning Agreement, programme countries | Change to Learning Agreement, partner countries ]
- Immediately before ending the mobility: While still abroad, do not forget to obtain, or get information on how to obtain at a later stage, the Transcript of Records from the guest institution! That will be essential to get one's exams acknowledged by UniCT once back in Catania.
- After the mobility: Please have the Transcript of Records, as obtained from the guest institution, delivered to Dott.ssa Sara De Francisci as soon as available. This is indispensable to obtain the scholarship and to have one's exams acknowledged by UniCT. Relevant forms: [ Transcript of records, programme countries | Transcript of records, partner countries ]
All relevant information, documentation and forms are available at the following website: http://www.unict.it/internazionale/erasmus-plus-azione-chiave-1-tirocini... . Please, contact Dott.ssa Lucia Ferlito (the administrative responsible person for international traineeships.)
Several other institutions are in partnership with UniCT. Opportunities for possible traineeships are available within the following projects:
- Progetto UNIPHARMA
- Progetto NORTH SOUTH
- Progetto MOBILITY CONSORTIUM
- Progetto MOBILITY CONSORTIUM HIGHER EDUCATION 2
- Progetto SKILLS MATCH JOB
- Progetto UNIVERSITIES FOR EU PROJECTS
Please, visit http://www.unict.it/it/internazionale/mobilit%C3%A0-uscita-outgoing for more information.
These may be activated during the whole duration of the academic year. Please visit http://www.unict.it/internazionale/tirocini-liberi for the standard form to activate a specific partnership. It should be kept in mind that, for freelance traineeships, there are in general no specific scholarships available.