Disability and Specific Learning Disorder (SLD)
The University of Catania promotes a new culture of inclusion and active participation of students with temporary or permanent disabilities and/or specific learning disorders (SLD) through the Centro per l’Integrazione Attiva e Partecipata (CInAP).
CInAP offers the following services to the students with disability/SLD:
• Inbound orientation
• Advice on sector regulations
• Support during the entrance tests
• Individualized Training Plans
• Study and attendance support services (didactic and specialist tutoring, psychological counseling, transport, Italian Sign Language interpreting, etc.)
• Orientation of graduates for job placement, through targeted placement (L.68/99)
The collaboration between CInAP and the Department Referents of the University of Catania gave rise to the Guidelines for the Right of Study for Students with Disability and/or SLD (italian language), a tool for reflection and dialogue in order to disseminate good practices and create equal opportunity conditions, in full compliance with current legislation.
Delegate for Disability and SLD of the Department
Prof.ssa Catia Maria Annunziata Petta
Availability for individual interviews with students and professors of the Department on every Wednesday, 4.30 pm (https://meet.google.com/non-tapo-yhn), preferably by appointment (mailto: email@example.com)
CInAP contact persons at the Department
Technical Contact - Mr Alfredo Leotta